State: New South Wales
Current bike: Focus Izalco max
How did you get into the sport: I started racing with the Dubbo Cycle Club at the age of two. I would attend the local club track racing nights with my father Vaughn who also raced. I started off in the tiny tots division on my training wheels before progressing to a 20 inch track bike at the age of four.
Hardest thing about your sport: The hardest thing about Cycling is the training. The early morning training sessions through winter in the minus degree temperatures at 6am.
What dose your regular training week consist of:
- Monday: 1.5 hour recovery ride
- Tuesday: ergo session morning, track racing evening
- Wednesday: 2 hour motorpace
- Thursday: ergo session morning, track session evening
- Friday: strength and conditioning
- Saturday: track session, hour road ride
- Sunday: track session
How do you keep motivated:
Enjoy the competition and achieving my goals.
Present: to do well at the Australian Track Championship and to be selected in the junior worlds team.
Future: to join a professional road cycling team.
Best piece of advice you have been given:
Train hard race easy
Under 17 mens State championship track
- 1st individual pursuit
- 1st kierin
- 1st Madison
- 2nd 500m TT
- 2nd sprint
National track championship
- 1st points race
- 1st Kieran
- 1st team sprint
- 2nd individual pursuit
- 3rd team pursuit
Road state championship
- 1st individual time trial
- 1st criterium
- 1st Road race
National road championship
- 1st Road race
- 5th individual time trial
- Won Clarence Street Wheelrace
- Won Illawarra junior road tour
- Won Hunter junior road tour
Categories: Sponsored Riders