LUKE MEIER SMITH
Sport: mountain biking
Current bikes: Propain Rage carbon and pivot firebird 29.
Where do you live: I live on an Avocado farm where I have built some mountain bike tracks, the area where the farm is located is quite hilly which is also a great training ground. My brother and I have studied via distance education throughout our high school years and this has allowed us the flexibility to travel and train.
How did you get into the sport: I started BMX racing when I was around 11 and loved it! I then moved to Mountain biking when I was around 14 and have been doing it ever since.
What does your regular training week consist of: usually 2 gym sessions, 4 riding sessions and two sprint sessions.
Best piece of advice you have been given: “train hard and you can achieve anything”
Where you draw inspiration from: I draw inspiration from my idols Like Troy Brosnan and Sam hill, looking at what they have achieved gives me inspiration for what I want to achieve in the future.
How do you keep motivated: I keep motivated by training hard and improving on myself, I also keep motivated by just having fun and enjoying the sport that is Mountain biking!
What is your favourite thing about your sport: the feeling of freedom and shredding with mates, nothing feels better than flying down the hill! Racing is a physical and mental challenge which I love, making the sport very rewarding especially
when you achieve awesome results!
Goals for 2020: My goals for 2020 are to become DH World champion and World cup overall winner.
- “1st place: Oceania DHI 2020 U19”
- 2016 – QLD DH STATE TITLES (UNDER15) 1ST
- 2016 – CANNONBALL DH 1ST
- 2016 – CANNONBALL FLOW MOTION CUP 1ST
- 2017 – CANNONBALL DH (U17 1st year) 3RD
- 2017 – CANNONBALL FLOWMOTION CUP (U17 1st year) 4TH
- 2017 – KING OF CANNONBALL (U17 1st year) 1ST
- 2018 – MTBA RD 1 NATIONAL SERIES DH 1ST
- (FRACTURED WRIST SO MISSED THE SERIES AND NATIONAL CHAMPS)
- 2018 – CRANKWORX ROTORUA AIR DH (IST RACE BACK FROM INJURY) 4TH
- 2018 – NSW STATE DH CHAMPS THREDBO 1ST
- 2018 – FOX SUPERFLOW THREDBO 1ST
- 2018 – NSW STATE RD1 AWABA 1ST
- 2018 – NSW STATE RD2 DEL RIO 1ST
- 2018 – SEQDH RD3 1ST
- 2018 – SEGDH RD4 1ST
- 2018- MTBA NATIONAL ENDURO SERIES RD 3 STROMLO 1ST
- 2018-RD5 SUPERFLOW GREENVALLEYS (FASTEST TIME O/A) 1ST
- 2018- RD5 REDASS DH SERIES 1ST
- 2018- ENDURO AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 1ST(2ND IN U19)
- 2018-QLD DH STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS 1ST
- OSPREY ALL MOUNTAIN ASSUALT 1ST
- ROCKSHOX PUMP TRACK CHALLENGE 1ST (FASTEST OVERALL TIME OF THE DAY BEATING KYLE STRAIT/DUKE MILLINGTON ETC)
- MAXXIS FLOW MOTION CUP 1ST U17(WITH A TIME THAT WOULD PUT ME 1ST IN PRO MEN BEATING KYE AHERN/TIM EATON/ YOANN BAREELLI ETC)
- COMMECAL AUSTRALIAN OPEN DH 1ST
- MT BULLER VDHS RD3 1ST
- MT BAW BAW VDHS RD4 1ST
- 2019 CRANKWORX ROTORUA AIR DH 1ST
- 2019 CRANKWORX ROTORUA DH 5TH
- 2019 AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2ND (0.7SEC OFF KYE AHERN WORLD NUMBER 2)
- 2019 AUSTRALIAN PUMP TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS PRO MEN 2ND
- 2019 OCEANIA CHAMPIONSHIPS 3RD
- 2019 FORT WILLIAM WORLD CUP 2ND QUALI & 4TH IN FINALS
- 2019 LEOGANG WORLD CUP 10TH QUALI & 7TH IN FINALS
- 2019 INNSBRUCK CRANKWORX 2ND JUNIOR MEN DOWNHILL
- 2019 ANDORRA WORLD CUP 9TH
- 2019 LES GETS WORLD CUP 5th IN QUALI & 9TH IN FINALS
- SELECTED TO REPRESENT AUSTRALIA IN MONT SAINT ANNE,CANADA FOR DOWNHILL WORLD TITLES CRANKWORX WHISTLER 2019
- Garbanzo DH: 1ST
- Air DH: 2ND
- Canadian open DH: 3RD
- dual slalom: 3RD
- Awarded the Steve Smith award
- 2019 DOWNHILL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS MONT SAINT ANNE: 7TH
- 2019 snow shoe world cup: 2ND
Categories: Sponsored Riders